How much CBD oil do I need?
If you’re new to CBD oil or struggling to find your desired dose, our CBD oil dosage calculator could be your new best friend. We have created two calculators; one will help you determine the potency of the CBD oil you buy and the second will help you discover the number of drops you will need to achieve the desired dosage. Both are important to get right so you start to feel the desired health benefits of CBD oil.
The amount of CBD oil that you should take is down to the individual. It’s determined by a variety of factors including your weight, physical condition, genetics and body chemistry. The calculator will take this into account to help find your perfect dose.
The calculators are quick and easy to use. Just make sure you have your bottle of CBD oil handy for reference.
Next, find out the number of drops you’ll need to achieve the suggested dosage strength based on our body weight:
Buying CBD oil online
Before you go rushing in head-first when buying your CBD oil or CBD gummies online, we recommend starting with 3 basic principles of CBD dosing.
- There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’. Some CBD users may need over 100 milligrams of CBD oil per day, but other users may get their desired effects from as little as 1 milligram per day. It will take some experimentation to find your optimal dosage.
- Getting the right CBD oil dosage will take time. For some, results are instant, but for others it can take weeks, so if at first you don’t succeed, try again! You may not feel the desired effects straight away, so it’s important that you are patient when figuring out your correct dosage of CBD oil.
- Despite your health implications, your size, weight and body mass will affect how much CBD oil you should take.
Finding your optimal CBD oil dosage
Taking into account that not one size fits all, here is some important information to consider when buying CBD oil.
1. Start your CBD dosage low
Of course, your health condition and your weight and height will determine how much CBD oil you will need, but as CBD oil experts, we recommend you begin safe and start low.
Check out our [calculator] for guidance on the dosage you should be taking.
2. Increase your CBD dosage slowly
Once you have started your daily dose, it can take several days for your body to adjust to it, so it is suggested you continue with that dose for at least one week. If you’re not achieving your desired results after your first week, then begin to slightly increase your CBD oil amount. Only increase every 3-4 days until you notice positive effects. It’s a good idea to log and track your progress to help find your optimal dosage.
If you think you have increased your dose too much and are experiencing nausea and headaches, then lower your dosage.
3. Continue to make adjustments
It’s common that once you have found your optimal dosage, you may eventually develop a tolerance to it. So it’s all about safe experimentation. If you’ve developed a tolerance and are not achieving the results you once did, then make some adjustments; change how many times a day you are taking your CBD oil and at what time of the day.
What are the benefits of CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. CBD is not psychoactive so you won’t achieve the ‘high’ that is found in marijuana. CBD is gaining popularity in the well-being industry and has already gained a lot of interest within the scientific research community studying its use in humans for possible benefits to multiple ailments. Despite some benefits having been scientifically reported, we always recommend that you talk to your doctor before taking CBD oil or CBD gummies, especially if you’re on prescribed medication.